Monday, October 4, 2010

Peace out tri

DAY 1 - Sunday Oct. 3rd

Tri- Washington DC

Today I said goodbye. I said goodbye to my house, my cats, my friends, my family and my life. But today I also said hello, to a new journey and a new life. Although it is hard to leave the ones you love and the things you know, I couldn't be more ecstatic about what is to come.  After many tears, some I am still fighting, I sit here on the airplane and I think about whats to come. The people who will be in my life, the community I will be living in, the language that will soon be so familiar to me, the countless challenges and hurdles that will stand in my way…. and I can't wait.

For the next 27 months I will be living a completely different life. A new place, a new home, new friends and a new adventure.  I believe that God has given every individual special talents and skills, and it is our job to use them in a positive way. . I have been given so many opportunities. I have been able to gain a great education, travel,  and meeting many amazing people that have shaped my life. Its time to use what I have learned, and teach others.


Before leaving, my best friend and partner in crime, Kendra, gave me necklace. It has a compas on it and a quote on it. How fitting, right? It says:

"I am the master of my fate
I am the navigator of my soul"

At a time with so many unknowns, so many questions, and uneasiness, this reminds me that everything is going to be ok. I hold the key to my happiness, and i control my destiny. I know that through the hardships and through the times of questions and challenges, I will hold onto this necklace and know what is says is true. I am the master of my fate and the navigator of my soul. The decisions I make will lead me through life, each decision leading to another direction on the path of my life. And this is the path I choose. And here I am standing at the trail head, wondering what the view will be like at the top. 

Pura Vida,

Michaela 

miss you like crazy mom...love you and thank you for everything, and i mean EVERYTHING <3 




No comments:

Post a Comment