Monday, October 4, 2010

PEACE OUT AMERICA

Washington DC - Staging

The Peace Corps could not have started a better way. After a long day of flying, and hauling around my life (a giant bag, a backpacking backpack, a regular backpack, and a computer bag/purse) throughout the airport and DC I finally made it to my hotel. After dragging serious ass, I finally got to my room to find a had a room mate. To my very pleasant surprise SHE ROCKS!! We decided to get a drink and we had the best time at a local dive "bar" called the Good Guys.It was an interesting experience to say the least. We are definitely on the same page.

DAY 2 - Oct. 4th

This morning we had some time to kill so we cruised around Georgetown. After that we waited for 12:30 to meet the rest of the 43 volunteers that will be serving around Costa Rica with us. At 12:30 we met for an all day staging event that comprised of team building activities that involved our expectations, our anxieties, our aspirations etc. etc. Although we had to go over some  slightly dull material, it was so great to finally meeti the amazing people that will be my new "family".  It was also great to talk to people that have been feeling the same way I have, and are in the same boat as me. It is so exhilarating to be in the presence of so many wonderful and talented people that share my same goals. 

After the staging a group of us decided to go out for the last meal. We decided on Thai and had a great time getting to know each other and getting pumped up for Costa Rica! 



It is now 1 am and we leave in 1 hour to the airport….COSTA RICA HERE I COME!! I have decided to go the route of not sleeping before the flight, and hope that was a good choice. I know I will be a tired chica tomorrow but know my endorphins will be running high. I can not wait to step out of the plane and feel the costa rican air. 

I do not know when or how often I will be able to have internet access, but I will keep a journal and post things on here when I can! Wish me luck…. time to start my life for the next 2 years. ADIOS AMERICA.

Pura Vida,

Michaela

I am tired, so I hope this all makes sense :)

No comments:

Post a Comment